Temporary horizontal lifeline
Temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 represents an ideal solution to secure reinforce concrete works at height. The AEM-04 safety system is an economical alternative to other solutions available in the market as ALSIPERCHA. Our safety system has been specially designed to prevent fall hazards during reinforced concrete works at height and other similar temporary jobs. Most of our clients, use our safety system to temporary protect operators during ceilings formwork where there is usually a high risk of falling from a height. We present below a very detailed analysis of the AEM-04 safety system, which is becoming more and more popular all over Europe as allows speeding up formwork works.
How temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 works?
When the concrete is poured, before it hardens, plastic post bases are placed where the formwork works should be secured. The plastic post base is a lost element but it is the cheapest solution for fixing the temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 steel posts. This is the most common mounting option chosen by our customers. As works finish, we fill the post base hole with concrete. The upper part of the plastic post base remains as when the floor is made, it is an element that does not interfere. It is also possible to make holes in the concrete for the AEM-04 steel posts by using MLD-04 moulds.
We then anchor the steel posts in the previously created holes. Next, we attach the webbing temporary horizontal lifeline to the steel posts in order to create rectangular or square safety zones. Safety system allows spans from 3m to 12m. System users are equipped with a 2.5m or 3.5m retractable fall arrester. Operators can safely travel fastened to the webbing temporary horizontal lifeline above their head at working place.
Temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 is designed for one user at once at each webbing lifeline span. However, the safety system allows two users to fasten simultaneously on one webbing lifeline span in the middle sections if more than two sections are connected.
A standard temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 set includes:
- 2 structural anchor points AEM-04: it is a steel post 60x40mm, 2m height. In the upper end of the post, there is a double hook for anchoring a webbing lifeline
- 1 temporary horizontal lifeline webbing 12 m long
- 1 retractable fall arrester 2.5 m or 3.5 m long depending on the needs
- 2 25KN galvanized carabiners for each lifeline webbing
- plastic post bases (BKPL-04) placed in the concrete after it has been poured. Other fixings also available.
The AEM-04 system can be installed even on steel structures by using specially designed PM-01 plates clamped to enough resistant structures.
Advantages of using temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 as a formworks fall arrest device
- its lightness allows performing all assembly operations manually. No need for using a crane. • certified according to EN 795 as a whole
- more people secured in hazardous areas at once
- a very economical solution
- perfectly speeds up formwork works. Thanks to its lightness, it can installed and removed very quickly from one to another working area.
Legal basis – European standard EN ISO 795
Temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 complies with the EN ISO 795 standard. Thanks to this, the manufacturer issues a declaration of conformity for the entire safety system as compliant with the above standard. The condition to achieve this certification is the use of all temporary horizontal lifeline components used during the tests.
Temporary horizontal lifeline AEM-04 is intended to prevent fall hazards during reinforced concrete works at height. Basically is very useful securing operators during ceilings formwork and other temporary jobs where there is usually a high risk of falling from a height. It is a very economical solution that greatly speeds up reinforced concrete works. Its lightness allows manually assembling the safety system without the use of a crane.