Ground based guardrails
Ground based guardrails VECTACO® VS are normally fix to the upper base of the parapet wall or to the ground. Watertightness is ensured by a specially designed set of membrane, screws and rubber pads. It is a very cheap solution that allows you to quickly secure roof edges. Very simple and quick assembly. VECTACO® VS safety railings do not require annual inspections or training of roof users as lifelines EN ISO 795. This is a significant saving during the entire life of the building. In addition, we exclude the employee’s decision to secure himself or not.
Ground based guardrails uses
Ground based guardrails VECTACO® VS can be fixed on metal parapets and on non-insulated concrete slabs and parapets. Watertightness is ensured by a specially designed set of membrane, screws and rubber pads. Fixing the railings with chemical anchor also increase watertightness and prevents water infiltration on the concrete structure. The minimum distance from the guardrail support to the edge is 60mm. In case of fixinf to a parapet wall, the minimum width of the parapet should be 125mm.
- A : 1 x rubber seal (cut to the shape of the base to be placed between the base and its support).
- B : 2 x rubber pads
- C : 2 x wide washers M10
- D : 2 x H M10 nut covers
Advantages of using ground based guardrails
- the employer is 100% sure that safety on the roof is always guaranteed despite employee’s approach to safety procedures. Collective protective equipment (CPE).
- no maintenance cost of the fall protection system. Unlike traditional EN ISO 795 lifelines systems, ground based guardrails are a “once and for all” investment that requires neither annual inspections nor training of roof users. Safety railings securing the roof edge are treated as a structural element of the building. This is a significant saving during the entire life of the building.
- freedom of movement on the roof without limiting the number of users at once unlike lifelines and anchors points EN ISO 795
- companies operating the equipment or performing works on the roof, as well as employees, do not need to have additional qualifications to work at height.
- fixing kit ensure outstanding watertightness of the roof and prevents water infiltration on the concrete structure.
- short delivery time. Very quick and simple assembly. Most of our clients install the safety railings themselves.
- Excellent price. A very economical solution to secure roof edges.
Ground based guardrails made of aluminium
By installing VECTACO® aluminium railings, we avoid all maintenance costs that arise when using steel railings. Our standard raw aluminium finish ensures a C3 corrosion category. VECTACO® railings give a modern design to any building.
Other finishes on request, such as anodized aluminium, thermal varnishing and matched to any RAL colour. Thermal varnishing (powder coating) is a process that ensures adequate protection of the aluminium railings coating.
Depending on the needs, we can install a standard straight upright or an inclined upright. The inclined upright is mainly intended for situations where the investor does not want the railing to be visible from the bottom of the building. Also in some situations, it can be useful to use a railing folding system.
Legal basis – European standard EN ISO 14122-3
European Directive 89/391/EEC, which lays down the principles of preventive action, prioritizes CPE over personal protective equipment (PPE). The regulations clearly state that lifeline safety systems and anchor points EN ISO 795 should only be used when it is not possible to use collective protection equipment, such as ground based guardrails.
Ground based guardrails are the most effective protection against falling from the roof. As a passive safety system, modular railings allow to secure roof edges without requiring any intervention of roof users. Safety on the roof is thus always guarantee, regardless of the employee’s approach to safety procedures.
VS VECTACO® safety railings are certified in accordance with the European standard EN ISO 14122-3 date December 2007 regarding safety of machinery – permanent means of access to machinery – part 3: stairs, stepladders and guardrails. According to this European standard, in the absence of a parapet or element on the edge to secure higher than 10 cm, we should install a toeboard.
VECTACO® VS ground based guardrails can be installed on a metal parapet as well as on non-insulated concrete slabs and parapets. Guardrails fixing kit ensures complete watertightness and prevents water infiltration on the concrete. It is a very economical solution to secure roof edges. The modular railing system ensures very quick and easy assembly. Unlike lifelines systems, PN ISO 795 does not require annual inspections or training for roof users. This is a significant saving during the entire life of the building.
Thanks to the wide range of VECTACO® fixings, we can offer our customers the best option depending on the specifics of the project. Please contact us and we will send you an offer tailored to the needs of the project.
If you want to read more about securing your roof with safety railings, we encourage you to read our posts on this subject right here.