Falling materials netting
Falling materials netting is a must during construction and renovation projects. Falling items such as bricks, building materials or dropped tools can seriously injure pedestrians or cause property damage. This fall safety hazards mainly occurs as project sites are located downtown cities. Using RAND MATERIAL CATCH FAN you can prevent against falling materials and tools without disruption at your worksite. Falling materials netting RAND represents a very economical solution compared to commonly used T-type safety nets.
How falling materials netting works - RAND MATERIAL system
Falling materials netting RAND is based on a metal bracket fixed to the facade or concrete slab of the building. The metal bracket allows to set the desired angle of the steel net post, depending on the needs on the construction site. A double safety netting protects against the fall of both larger and smaller items and tools.
RAND MATERIAL falling materials netting consists of:
- EN ISO 1263 safety nets 100mm mesh size with a sewn-in 80gr debris net
- a variable angle bracket fixed to the façade or concrete slab of the building.
- steel net post allow us to secure up to 3 meters from the edge of the building. Other lengths on request.
- lower edge of the safety netting: we fix the lower edge of the net to the building so as to avoid creating a gap between the edge and the safety net. We can use for that purpose:
- steel anchors every 0.5-0.75m
- high-strength textile slings (50 KN). They facilitate and speed up the system assembly. In addition, it helps us to maintain the proper netting tension during the use of the system.
RAND MATERIAL system has a wide range of fixings to secure fall safety hazards in all types of buildings. We can fix the system in steel, concrete and even wooden structures.
In the case of falling materials netting systems, there are no standards or provisions regulating their requirements. For this reason, we provide our customers with a durability report, which includes a drop height/weight table and the loads results of our system based on tests performed.
Advantages of the falling materials netting RAND MATERIAL system
- very economical solution as we only need to protect objects from falling, not people,
- very quick assembly. RAND system can be installed and moved to a higher floor even without the use of a crane
- quick materials removal from netting in the event of a fall
- possibility of unfolding the falling materials netting system in the event of strong winds
- setting net posts angle depending on the needs at the construction site
- wide range of fixings. Even fixings based on high-strength belts that allows installing the system without drilling the supporting structure.
- system elements made of galvanized steel, which guarantee long-term use on the construction site
Falling materials netting is a must during construction worksites downtown cities. Falling objects and tools can seriously injure pedestrians or cause property damage. RAND MATERIALS CATCH FAN is a netting solution specifically designed to catch and contain falling items on construction sites. Our double safety netting protects against both larger and smaller falling objects. RAND MATERIALS represents a very economical solution comparing with other systems available. Thanks to a wide range of fixings, we can use the system on very different projects.