Safety netting type V
Safety netting type V perform similar tasks as T type safety nets. They are mainly used to temporary secure reinforcement works on the top floors, where a railing cannot yet be installed. However, compared to T type nets, V type safety nets are a much cheaper solution that is easier to use in complex shapes buildings.
What means safety netting type V?
According to the EN ISO 1263 European standard, these are “safety nets with border rope attached to the retaining elements type gallow”. The hinged bracket is our safety system certified as EN 1263 type V.
AITANA SAFETY hinged bracket consists of:
- a plastic cassette placed in the concrete during its pouring
- two-piece steel brackets
- V type safety nets*
- anchoring safety nets bottom edge
- connecting and tie ropes
*we can sew a debris net to the V type safety nets to additionally protect against falling objects.
How does PN EN 1263 V hinged bracket work?
When pouring concrete, we place plastic cassettes in the concrete. They are the support for the two-piece steel brackets to which the V type safety nets are suspended. Thanks to the possibility of freely setting the angle of the bracket, the safety nets are as close to the upper edge as we wish. In this way, we create a kind of “cage” on the upper floor that completely ensures a safety working environment. The danger zone is completely closed.
Advantages of the V type safety nets - hinged bracket
- safety netting type V is located on the inside of the brackets. Thanks to the possibility of freely adjusting the angle of the bracket, the net can be as close to the top edge as we wish. We create a kind of “cage” on the upper floor that completely closes the danger zone.
- unlike other systems, there is no need to use a crane to install the nets, which facilitates the entire assembly process and saves a lot of time.
- thanks to the fact that the V type safety nets is located on the inside of the bracket, the wind does not pose any threat. With other systems, when the wind speed is high, the safety nets behave like a flag, creating very dangerous situations.
- in the case of securing complex shape buildings, the hinged bracket is the only system able to secure the edges. The ability to adjust the angle of the bracket works great.
The great danger of “gallow” safety nets
In the case of “gallows” type nets, the safety nets are almost 3 meters away from the edge of the building. This will create a huge opening between the edge of the building and the V type safety nets. This is a dangerous system and there have been accidents in recent years. Needless to say, these are not fatal accidents. However, taking into account that the height of the fall is 4 to 6 m, you can imagine what are the consequences for the employee after such an accident.
AITANA SAFETY hinged bracket is a very advanced system certified as a safety netting type V. Thanks to the possibility of freely setting the angle of the bracket, the system allows you to create a kind of “cage” on the upper floor, which completely closes the danger zone.
If you want to read more about EN 1263 safety nets as well as nets outside the scope of the standard, please read our guide.