Folding guardrail system
All our models VECTACO® can be fitted with a folding guardrail system. The folding guardrail system allows you to maintain the aesthetics of the building, bending to disappear from external view of the building. It can also be useful in places where it is necessary to fold the railing in order to perform some specific works. As with the rest of our safety railings, they do not require neither annual inspection nor roof user training. It is a means of collective protection equipment (CPE). Therefore, safety on the roof is thus always guarantee, regardless of the employee’s approach to safety procedures.
Folding guardrail system uses
In some situations, it may be necessary to install a folding guardrail system all along the roof edge or only in some sections. For example, to maintain the aesthetics of the building, bending to disappear from external view of the building. Also when it is necessary to fold the railing in order to perform some specific works. Foldable modules up to 12 meters long by only one person, ensures quick protection of the roof during intervention.
The locking system with a spring-loaded handle allows the safety railings to be set in 3 different positions:
- Folded position, when no worker is working on the roof. The guardrail handrail is almost in the ground.
- Intermediate position, which makes the danger area more visible and reduces the risk of tripping when walking on the roof. The folding guardrail system remains invisible from the outside;
- Operational position, which guarantees safety. Normal handrail height.
Advantages of using folding guardrail system
- Unlike lifelines systems EN 795 (PPE), the employer is 100% sure that safety on the roof is always guaranteed regardless of the employee’s approach (CPE).
- no maintenance cost of the fall protection system. Unlike traditional EN ISO 795 lifelines systems, folding guardrail system is a “once and for all” investment that requires neither annual inspections nor training of roof users.
- freedom of movement on the roof without limiting the number of users at once
- companies operating the equipment or performing works on the roof, as well as employees, do not need to have additional qualifications to work at height. Safety railings securing the roof edge are treated as a structural element of the building.
- All our models VECTACO® can be fitted with a guardrail folding system
- Very quick and simple assembly
Legal basis – European standard EN ISO 14122-3
European Directive 89/391/EEC, which lays down the principles of preventive action, prioritizes CPE over personal protective equipment (PPE). The regulations clearly state that lifeline safety systems and anchor points EN ISO 795 should only be used when it is not possible to use collective protection equipment, such as a folding guardrail system.
VECTACO® safety railings are certified in accordance with the European standard EN ISO 14122-3 date December 2007 regarding safety of machinery – permanent means of access to machinery – part 3: stairs, stepladders and guardrails.
Folding guardrail system VECTACO® is a means of collective protection equipment (CPE). Thanks to this, we exclude the employee’s decision to secure himself or not. Safety railings do not require annual inspections or training of roof users. In this way, they allow you to save a lot of money during the entire life of the building. A folding guardrail system is very useful in some situations. All our models VECTACO® can be fitted with it.
Thanks to the wide range of VECTACO® fixings, we can offer our customers the best option depending on the specifics of the project. Please contact us and we will send you an offer tailored to the needs of the project.
If you want to read more about securing your roof with safety railings, we encourage you to read our posts on this subject right here.