Roof edge netting
Roof edge netting with the RAND PLUS system ensures the highest level of safety during the industrial hall roofing works. Our RANDPLUS roof edge netting can be used even in 60° pitch roofs. During roofing works, there are often dangerous situations involving falling hazards. Most of the times roof edge is not secured as only S safety nets are installed. Thanks to our RAND PLUS system, we create a kind of “cage” preventing from edge fall hazard. In addition, RAND PLUS is a very economical solution comparing with other systems available on the market.
How roof edge netting with RAND PLUS works?
RAND PLUS is a roof edge netting system preventing fall arrest during industrial hall roofing works. Steel brackets and net posts with attached safety nets are fix to the beams on the edge building. Thanks to a wide range of fixings, we can secure every needs and type of building structure. RAND PLUS ensures a kind of “cage” that close the working area preventing fall hazards. The safety system works as a kind of railings netting solution that can be fixed, if needed, to the building structure without any drilling.
RAND PLUS roof edge netting elements are as following:
- structure fixings: RAND PLUS system has a wide range of fixings depending on the needs and the type of building to secure
- textile slings attachment for steel and wooden beams
- steel anchors fixings or threaded rod attachment for concrete or metal structures
- positioning bracket: it allows setting the steel net posts in different positions depending on the needs. In this way, the top bracket is always very close to the edge we want to secure.
- steel posts for fastening the safety net
- 100mm mesh size netting. We can additionally sew debris nets to the safety net in case we need to protect against falling items and tools.
- lower safety net edge: we must fix the lower safety net to the building structure in order to avoid creating a gap between the edge of the building and the netting. For this purpose, we can use:
- binding ropes 15 Kn (minimum every 50 cm)
- high-strength textile slings (50 KN). They facilitate and speed up the assembly of the system. In addition, it helps us to maintain the proper netting tension during the use of the system.
Legal basis – European standard EN ISO 13374 Class C
Roof edge netting – RAND PLUS system is certified according to the European standard EN 13374 as class C. You can see below a video during conformity tests carried out in notified body. Please take into account that EN ISO 13374 requested test for such a safety system are very demanding. Therefore, we always recommend buying safety systems certified by an independent notified body. In this way, we are sure that the fall arrest system meets all the requirements of the standard.
AIDICO (Spanish Institute of Building Technology) is a body certified by the European Union authorized to carry out tests in the field of safety systems for construction – ENAC 25/C-PR226.
Advantages of roof edge netting with RAND PLUS
- unlike a typical metal railing, roof edge netting with the RAND PLUS system allows to completely close the working area, protecting not only against fall hazards, but also against falling items or tools on pedestrians
- system components are made of galvanized steel, which guarantees long-term use on construction sites
- very simple assembly (see video above)
- excellent functionality. The same fixing element can be used in both steel and wooden structures. It is enough to buy cheap fixing elements to adapt the system to different kinds of projects.
- collective protection equipment (CPE) ensures the highest level of safety and increases work efficiency.
- very cheap solution compared to other safety systems available
- certified high-strength textile slings fixing allows to fix the RAND PLUS system without drilling the building structure
Roof edge netting with the RAND PLUS system ensures the highest level of safety during the industrial hall roofing works. Even in 60° pitch roofs. Thanks to positioning brackets and steel net posts, we create a kind of “cage” preventing from fall hazard. A wide range of fixings ensures we can secure every needs and type of building structure. Roof edge netting with RAND PLUS is a very economical solution comparing with other systems available on the market.